- Red Cross volunteers and staffs shared a wonderful evening on the Hudson River during annual Red Cross Metro New York North Hudson River Cruise. We appreciate the time and effort our volunteers contribute to the organization.
Last Week in Review
|Youth Leadership Summit|
- In the last week the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency relief in the form of shelter, food, clothing, health services and/or emotional support to 90 New Yorkers impacted by more than 40 local disasters in our region.
- The peak of hurricane season is around the corner. Check out our preparedness tips to better prepare you and your family. Thanks to Nina Raffio from our preparedness team for providing these helpful resources.
- The Red Cross Greater New York Region hosted the first annual Youth Leadership Summit for high school and college Red Cross Clubs last week. A total of 28 students from around the region attended the event, hearing a series of presentation ranging from public speaking to international humanitarian laws.
- As people continue to recover from Sandy, the Red Cross continue to provide support. We sponsored Visiting Nurse Service New York's disaster management workshop on Tuesday, July 15. If you and/or your loved ones need emotional support, contact VNSNY at 718-888-6955.
- Our 100 days countdown to 2014 #RedTieHeroes event began on Wednesday. Check our Facebook page for event highlights from last year.