|Gerald Rothstein, one of the volunteers at the GNY Red Cross, was featured in our most recent #MyRedCrossLife Instagram post (Photo: Matt Lamonica)|
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, the Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 13 families (22 adults, 4 children and 15 pets) impacted by a fire in Yonkers.
- On Thursday and Friday, two earthquakes shook southern California. Red Cross volunteers have been on the ground helping impacted residents. Would you know what do in the event of an earthquake?
- Last week, NY state announced that 300,000 New Yorkers have received free emergency preparedness training thanks to their Citizen Preparedness Corps program. The Greater NY Red Cross is a major partner in this program that helps deliver readiness skills to residents across the region. We encourage everyone to prepare their household in the event of an emergency.
- On Thursday July 4th, we celebrated our Independence Day and shared some important safety tips with New Yorkers.
- We recently held a Pie Eating Contest as part of our local employee engagement campaign “Hope Starts Here”.
- Learn more about Greater NY Red Cross volunteer Gerald Rothstein, who stars in our most recent #MyRedCrossLife Instagram post.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Disaster Action Team Member, Mass Care Team Member, Citizen Preparedness Corps Presenter, Financial Statistical Information Team Member. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- July 10: "ARC Mass Casualty Incident Presentation" (for Red Cross Volunteers Only) - Join us for an important discussion and presentation from three Red Cross Team Experts who will be presenting on recent responses to events such as Sandy Hook, Boston Marathon, Pulse Nightclub, and Las Vegas and sharing lessons learned in these responses.