|Red Cross Volunteers at the NBC NY Health & Wellness Expo. (Photo: DianeConcannon)|
Last Week in Review
- On Saturday, the Greater New York joined New Jersey Red Crossers to help make families safer at the NBC New York’s Health & Fitness Expo at MetLife Stadium.
- Local volunteer Jason Judd is among several local Red Crossers in Missouri helping people impacted by major flooding.
- Metro NY North Red Crossers throughout the region gathered in Orange County on Saturday for a wonderful day of 'All Activity Recruitment Training' which included great discussions and training scenarios.
- On Thursday, MMC Global and Red Cross NY worked together to digitally map 2,400 vulnerable buildings in Indonesia as part of the Missing Maps Project
- On Wednesday the Long Island Red Cross announced their Honorees for the Long Island Centennial Celebration!
- Long Island Red Cross partner PSEG Long Island put out a press release with regards to the previous week’s volunteer event in honor of National Volunteer Week.
- Metro New York North Red Cross posted a video recognizing J.R. Martinez, who received the 2017 Exceptional Service Award at the Red and White Ball for his inspiring story of survival and perseverance.
- As part of the ongoing Long Island Red Cross Centennial Celebration, we give thanks to the historical Conklin House Society in Babylon for inviting us to participate in their Afternoon Tea event that took place at the original Red Cross Babylon Chapter House.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- May 10, 12,15: Red Cross blood drive: 2 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- May 13: The Red Cross will be in the Staten Island communities of St. George, West Brighton, Todt Hill, Arrochar, Dongan Hills, and South Beach to install free smoke alarms. The Staten Island Advance announced the event on their website. The #GetAlarmedNYC Program will also be in Corona and Elmhurst, Queens. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.
- Aug 22-27: Do you like to volunteer? Do you like golf? If so, have we got an opportunity for you! Sign up today to volunteer at THE NORTHERN TRUST at Glen Oaks Club in Old Westbury, NY 8/22-8/27. For $75 you gain daily access to the tournament for you and a guest, a logoed polo shirt & baseball cap, and much more. Plus, your efforts will support the mission of the American Red Cross. Learn more here.