|Western Themed ERV Rodeo at Middletown Warehouse.|
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, the GNY Red Cross Logistics Team held an ERV Rodeo at the Middletown Warehouse with a western theme. ERV drivers had an opportunity to practice their driving skills by competing in three obstacle courses and many competitive events including a Pallet Jack Relay, Trailer Towing and setting up a Light Tower. 59 people attended and enjoyed the activities and BBQ lunch.
- A leadership retreat for board members across the Greater New York region was held Thursday. Speakers included Christine Salerno, Robert Clauser, Shola Olatoye, and Miguel Marquez.
- The Red Cross was happy to host the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene for its POD Training Day.
- Hurricane Season officially started on June 1:
- Craig Cooper explains what is stocked in hurricane storage containers that are located throughout the Greater New York Red Cross region on YouTube.
- Late last month Long Island community leaders, including Red Crosser Elizabeth Barker, held a press conference to discuss how residents can properly prepare for Hurricane Season. The main theme of the discussion was to be “prepared not scared."
- Both CBS and Fios 1 covered the Long Island press conference.
- June 9, 13 & 15: Red Cross blood drive: 1 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- June 8: The Young Patrons will be holding its 2nd Annual Drinks and Discussion where Greater New York Red Cross Board Member, Radford Klatz, will be speaking.
- June 9: The Long Island Red Cross is holding its annual Red and White Dinner Dance Fundraiser.
- June 11: #GetAlarmedNYC is coming to Bensonhurst, Brooklyn. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.
- June 25: The Home Fire Preparedness Campaign is heading to Port Washington, Long Island. Volunteer to help out, or sign up to get a free smoke alarm installed in your home.